According to oriental medicine; adukis (adzukis) are regenerative and toning to the kidneys.
Aduki Beans are organically grown on farms committed to a clean environment and the most nutritious, life encouraging food. These beans are the most delicious and nourishing because they're grown in vital living soil, free of pesticides, herbicides, and chemical fertilizers, etc. for decades.
Health benefits :
• Helps digestion
• Excellent source of dietary fiber
• Good source of protein, iron, magnesium
- To prepare Aduki Beans rinse thoroughly and soak for 6 to 8 hours.
- Strain and rinse again, add fresh water to cover the beans by 5cms.
- Boil uncovered for about 10 minutes and add your favourite vegetables and seasonings.
- In addition we recommend adding a two inch strip of EDEN kombu for each cup of dried beans at the beginning of cooking.
- Cover and simmer for about another 30 minutes, then season with 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt.
- Cook another 10 minutes and serve.
- If using a pressure cooker add seasonings at the start of cooking and cook for about 1/2 hour (or until tender).