Walnut and Chickpea Laddu
A wonderful high protein treat and easy to make :
- 185 ml unsalted butter
- 500 ml chickpea flour, sift after measuring
- 40 ml chopped fresh walnuts (laddu is not nice if nuts are not super fresh, then rather omit)
- 1 ml ground nutmeg
- 250 ml fructose, sifted after measuring
- Melt butter in heavy based saucepan over low heat.
- Add chickpea flour, walnut pieces and nutmeg.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, for about 15 – 20 minutes, until mixture becomes deep golden brown and loose in consistency. (Do not skimp on this time, the darker brown the mixture the better it tastes)
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in fructose until well combined, (mixture is still loose in consistency)
- Spoon mixture into lightly buttered glass dish, spread it out and down in kneading fashion with metal spoon. Keep working the mixture, until firm, then cut into pieces. Refrigerate.
- Serve cool or at room temperature.